We are looking for a Clerk to Governors to act as the official channel of communication to and from our governing body and to enable the governing body to function smoothly and efficiently.
The Duties involved include:
1. Working with both the Chair of Governors, Committee Chair, Headteacher and Admin & Finance Administrator to set Agendas.
2. Distributing relevant papers onto SharePoint in good time for meetings.
3. Recording accurate minutes and distributing agreed versions. (Meetings take place on a Wednesday evening).
4. Recording Governor Attendance
5. Keeping up to date with current developments and legislation affecting governance and advising the governing body on procedural and legislative matters.
6. Helping all governors to understand their role, function and legal duties.
Please note that apart from attending the meetings the role is flexible and will be home-based. Access to a computer and the internet is essential. The Clerk is required to work 95 hours per year, equivalent of 2.5 hours per week, 38 weeks a year. This time includes attending six Governing Body meetings per year and six committee meetings. Confidentiality is essential to the role and you will need to ensure we are fulfilling our legal obligations; this also includes website compliance.