Clerk to Governors Vacancy
Grade 6 (pts 15-20) £22,911 -£25,295 pa pro rata
Hours: Approx 5 hours (Part-Time)
DOWN AMPNEY C of E PRIMARY SCHOOL AND KEMPSFORD C of E PRIMARY SCHOOL
We are looking for a Clerk to Governors to act as the official channel of communication to and from our governing body and to enable the governing body to function smoothly and efficiently at both schools.
The Duties involved include:
1. Working with both the Chair of Governors, Committee Chairs, Head teachers and Admin & Finance Administrators to set Agendas.
2. Distributing relevant papers in good time for meetings.
3. Recording accurate minutes and distributing agreed versions.
4. Recording Governor Attendance
5. Keeping up to date with current developments and legislation affecting governance and advising the governing body on procedural and legislative matters.
6. Helping all governors to understand their role, function and legal duties.
Please note that apart from attending the meetings the role is flexible and will be home-based. A laptop, GDPR compliant is supplied with the post. The Clerk is required to work 95 hours per year, equivalent of 2.5 hours per week, 38 weeks a year at Down Ampney C of E Primary School and 96 hours per year at Kempsford Primary School. This time includes attending six Governing Body meetings per year and six committee meetings at Down Ampney C of E Primary School (on a Wednesday evening, ) and three Governing Body meetings per year (Tuesday evening at Kempsford) and 9 committee meetings at Kempsford Primary School (Tuesday, 4.00pm at Kempsford). Confidentiality is essential to the role and you will need to ensure we are fulfilling our legal obligations; this also includes website compliance.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff, and volunteers, to share the same commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.